|Feel like spending $129 @ Dior for a tan?|
Here's what you need for approximately a gallon of home made carrot/sugar self tanner.
3/4 gallon of water
1 lb of fresh carrots (with peels on)
2 cups of brown sugar
My own addition to the original recipe: 8 drops of vitamin E extract and 1/2 a cup of aloe vera gel.
PREPARING YOUR HOME MADE SELF TANNER
1. Rinse the carrots and cut them into thin slices
2. Boil the water in a large saucepan, mix in the sugar and the sliced carrots
3. Let the carrot/sugar/water mix simmer for approx. 3 hours
|Delicious home made self tanner.|
5. At this point, you can add the aloe vera and the vitamin E into your self tanner. This step is optional and was not included in my grand mother's original recipe. However, I like how aloe and vitamin E soothe the skin.
6. Pour your selftanner into a spray bottle
|Any spray bottle will do.|
|Before and After picture with my arm. I've only applied self tanner to the lower part of my arm so that you can see the difference.|
You may quote my self tanner recipe for your blog etc. but remember to give credit and to link back!